26 June, 2009

Precognition almost?

Michael Jackson, the undisputed “King of Pop”, died early this morning in LA, after suffering a cardiac arrest. This flash headline that I read on Times of India as soon as I came into work this morning turned out to be kind of eerie.

On my way to work, the taxis usually always play Chinese songs or the local radio relays some Chinese comedy talk-shows. But today before I got off, I listened to “Beat it”!!!. For those of you who know all about living in China will agree with me that its not every day that one gets to listen to an English song in a public transport and the chances of that song being one of MJ’s is a rarity in its own way!

This is not the only reason why I am calling this news as eerie. Late yesterday evening I was reading about Marlon Brando on Wikipedia (I actually read an article about Mohanlal and Priyan planning to start an IPL team – a question from V on whether Priyan had won any great awards got me to Wikipedia him out – that led me to read about Mohanlal – then about Mani Ratnam -then about Al Pacino and then about Marlon – all of whose work I am an ardent fan of!). Under the section “Final years and death”, I read this entire bit – “The actor was a longtime close friend of the entertainer Michael Jackson and paid regular visits to his Neverland Ranch, resting there for weeks. Brando also participated in the singer's solo career thirtieth-anniversary celebration concerts in 2001, and starred in his 15-minute-long music video, "You Rock My World", in the same year. The actor's son, Miko, was Jackson's bodyguard and assistant for several years, and is a friend of the singer. He stated "The last time my father left his house to go anywhere; to spend any kind of time... was with Michael Jackson.”!!

Now what are the chances of someone reading about Marlon Brando yesterday and that too his complete profile, life, death and chance upon reading about Michael Jackson on it, a day before his death!

No comments: