15 July, 2009

Goodbye Blue Sky...

The view of the China sky from my office on the 37th floor of the building showed no shades of blue…..as always. The perpetual grey hues across the cities are not rain clouds. The smog, that has even driven away the birds from the city permanently, is the price this country pays for the industrial and economic boom it has been witnessing for the last decade.

As I stood there at the cafeteria listening to the famous Pink Floyd number, “Goodbye Blue Sky” in my mp5 this afternoon, I couldn’t help noticing how well the lyrics complemented the somber situation. There are no literal “falling bombs” like in the lyrics but the pollution in the city will always remain as a battle that no one wins…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. The Floyd connection is interesting.

Vani Menon said...

Thanx V :). It was so coincidental that I was listening to this song and was observing the city from the office cafeteria